Shades of Green Landscaping provides Landscape Design Services through by Cheryl Parke, landscape architect, and owner of Shades of Green Landscaping.
Shades of Green Landscaping often works with a clients’ interior designer, contractor, or other specialists in designing facets of the overall design to ensure the final product cohesively integrates and complements the entire design vision for both the home and yard.
The first step in the Shades of Green Landscaping process involves a site visit completed by Cheryl Parke, who welcomes this as an opportunity to meet the clients, become familiar with the site, and understand their ultimate vision for their yard or project. It may be very simple or a full Master Plan; we are quite experienced in all levels of design. Cheryl will ask many design questions to ensure she has an exact idea for the client’s preferences, for example:
- Initial Learning and Understanding Client’s reason for calling, scope of the project, and clients’ initial ideas
- Discussion about preferred styles
- Ease of maintenance
- Resale considerations
- Special places for pets/children use
- Types of entertaining to plan for, as well as the size of the gatherings
- Future plans for building/yard
- Specific features such as a deck, patio, walls, water feature, fire pit, garden area, storage, hot tub, play structure, pet area, etc.
- Circulation/access considerations
- Use of specific materials
- Views to be hidden or enhanced
- Privacy concerns
- Sun/Shade preference
- Types, frequency, size of entertainment and gatherings; provide welcoming outdoor access for guests to back via side yard or through house
- And of course, many more that will capture your design preferences on elements such as color, fragrance, attracting birds, butterflies, etc.
- Questions that are unknown until seeing the property or speaking with the clients to know what may be high or low priority of importance to them.
If you are uncertain what you would like as far as design, Cheryl will workshop ideas, and ask many questions to give her a very good idea of what you are looking to have as a result for your project. She has a lot of experience in asking the right questions to obtain the information she needs without being too technical, confusing, or overwhelming. Clients often comment on the thoroughness and thoughtfulness of the questions asked – they mention that they were asked pertinent things that had never been considered by them – we hope that this puts them at ease and to know they’re in good hands.
We encourage you to have ideas, photos, articles, etc for the client meeting. Cheryl will discuss these with the clients to explore the potential and possibilities for their site. Cheryl will make initial suggestions regarding the property to gauge clients’ response and steer the vision towards the the clients’ ideas, their positive reactions, and new ones generated at the meeting. The site visit and interview is a very detailed process, and a crucial step resulting in a final design that meets the unique needs of each client. After the interview, the client has the opportunity to approve having a design drawn. Upon approval, the exciting design process begins with photos, site measurements, and analysis of the site to include considerations such as:
- Property Size / Building(s) footprint on site
- Architectural Style
- Soil type
- Existing vegetation
- Location(s) of any outbuildings, structures, designated areas such as gardens, play/pet areas, parking
- types of paths, drives and circulation potential for foot traffic and vehicles
- Adjacent properties – proximity, type, style, connection, height of building(s) and window locations
- Sun orientation and corresponding shade patterns
- Potential for the locations and transitions of spaces that the clients mention and the actual physical site
Cheryl will complete and present the plan drawings to the client. After the clients have reviewed the plan, Cheryl will complete an itemized cost sheet. At this point in the process, Cheryl will discuss the various options available to complete the project – all at once, divided into phases, or even completion of the work by the clients.
During the course of further design planning or the actual project installation, there may be choices to make that will reflect the clients’ tastes and preferences in materials, patterns, styles, sizes, colors, varieties, textures, etc. There may be specific features to order such as a sculpture or other piece of art which we can help you select and install. This is part of the fun, seeing it all come together and personalizing the project just for you.
Cheryl’s extensive experience, thoroughness, and attention to detail allows her to guide the client toward planning their project in the best and most efficient order. She will additionally help the client make the best selections and choices for their specific project, all while staying with in your budget and making sure you are comfortable every step of the way. We want to be as accommodating as possible in designing a personalized plan for you, and we want you to be another HAPPY CLIENT at completion of your project!
Please contact us for more information –